A Spring Goddess Renewal Retreat
May 17 – 19 at Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre in Saskatoon
Goddess of the Earth,
I would be so honoured if you were to join me for this two day soul inspiring yogini dance retreat for woman. This year, inaugurate Spring through devotional temple dance and yoga. Cultivate and communicate your desire for change and fiery transformation through your own body temple. Seek within and find your personal connection and divine expression of the Spring Goddess archetype. Tend well to the fire within your Soul, for you have been waiting and are now ready to sow your seeds of light, to create and share your beauty with the world.
The ancient temple dance form that I introduce at this retreat honours and respects the body as a sacred temple, while the Goddess resides within. Over the weekend we focus our energy, thoughts, prayers, and dedicated efforts towards harnessing the Divine Feminine power to create positive healthful change in our lives. Some of you may be wondering at this point. . . Do I need to be a “dancer” or have dance or yoga experience in order to attend? The answer is. . . NO!
In this program we dance with symbolic intention and reference to the “dance of life”, to honour our own unique sacred spiral (life) dance as Goddesses of the Earth. This retreat is for all women! It is accessible, powerful, personal, and of service to the whole as your efforts also ignite and tend to the Eternal Flame of The Goddess for one and all.
This weekend is all about your own movement through self-imposed limitation, through the fires of transformation for your transcendental re-birth as you stretch beyond old and outdated comfort zones. Working together we utilize our bodies, minds, and spirits for tending the inner-flame of creative passion and divine sensuality so we can offer our “dance” as a gift and creation of selfless beauty. As we shift from the darkness of winter into the light of summer, let’s dance to celebrate the beauty, strength, and grace of the Spring Goddess archetype within.
Hope you will join me for this beautiful intention, “Tending Your Inner Flame”.
With love and devotion,
The Spring Goddess celebrates the turning of the wheel of the year as the death and decay of winter gives way to a time of renewal and rebirth. In ancient times many festivals were held to celebrate the Spring Goddesses who were associated with flowering, growth and fertility of the land.
Cultivate your ability to Create. Understand the delicate balance and relationship between your time and your energy. Learn the power of routine, consistency, and repetition when making efforts toward greater personal and spiritual integrity. Grow in self-confidence and your willingness to show and express some of your own deep feelings.
It is the time of year to see more of the beauty that is within yourself, in others, and the world around you. It is also a time to tap into your own healing gifts and abilities.
At this retreat you will dance to appreciate your own strength, innocence, purity, inner-truth and beauty. Let us celebrate together, the gift and mirror of nature and move quickly into creating space for Love to live and grow!
Saturday & Sunday
- 8:30 – Shamanic Sound Journey into The Sacred Spiral Dance of Pure, Divine Soul: Guided Movement Meditation
- 9 – Embodying Love ~ Flow of The Sacred Heart: Vinyasa Yoga and Temple Dance Warm-up Exercises
- 10 – Intro to Devotional Dance Postures, Energy Isolations, and Mudras
- 10:30 – Breakfast – enjoy a light healthy snack.
- 11:30 – Salutations to the Divine Masculine: generate soul power through vigorous (martial art inspired) movement and steps – for deep cleansing, releasing, healing, transformation, and the strengthening of your body, passion, and divine will.
- 1 – Break for Lunch – enjoy something nourishing, rest, digest, and play in nature!
- 3 – Honouring the Sacred Feminine: re-birthing innocence and new ways of being; exploring your hips, curves, and heart chakra. Learn to soften your body, mind, and heart through graceful movement for a swift and gentle entry into the female heart of compassion, self-respect, love, beauty, sensuality, and divine grace.
- 4:30 – Spring Goddess Yin Yoga: allowing the Light to touch the hidden beauty in you; quickened be your heart and opened be your soul to Love as you quietly tend your inner-flame of new inspirations with crystal clarity and insight. A thoughtful, heart-felt practice to end the day.
Both days end by 5:30pm. A variety of inspirations are shared each day on how to best use your evening and spare time for spiritual practice like journaling, drawing, or walking the grounds. Sunday evening, we close our time together in circle.
- Friday Evening – Opening Reflections, accompanied by Robert playing the sacred Tibetan singing bowls. (7-9pm)
- Full days on Saturday and Sunday, learning and experiencing the yoga of devotional dance.
- Simplicity. 2 nights of peaceful accommodation @ $60 / night per single occupancy room.
Meals are NOT INCLUDED: $9.00 for breakfast, $13.00 for lunch and $15.00 for supper at Queen’s House. You are welcome to prepare and bring your own food if you like. Vegetarian diet is recommended to support your Sadhana (spiritual practice) over the weekend, to remain light.
Dress Attire: Modest. Wear mostly white if possible (and or green), light loose pant or legging for freedom of movement, longer tunic style shirt or tank top is good. Clean face and pure fabrics are recommended for health of body while detoxing through sweating. Bring extra change of clothes in case needed.
Sheena distills her extensive yoga training, western dance background and Indian classical dance experience into techniques for yogic study to assist women in achieving a dynamic, transformative, and graceful physical practice that honours the body as a temple, and awakens Goddess within.
Location and “The Retreat & Renewal Experience”
Queen’s House is a gathering place and oasis within an ever changing world. They are nestled in a quiet corner of Saskatoon on the bank of the beautiful South Saskatchewan River.
Queen’s House holds perfect space for all to enjoy a creative blend of leisure and challenge, solitude and community, prayer and interaction. Tending Your Inner Flame – Spring Goddess Renewal Retreat will feel more like a retreat if you invest to stay at Queen’s House for a heightened spiritual experience aimed at nurturing body, soul, and spirit. If you choose not to stay on site, it is ok, however it may feel more like a workshop that an actually retreat from the everyday.
The Facility is bright, spacious and very accommodating. You will appreciate the atmosphere of peace and quiet, away from daily distractions.
For more information, to book this retreat for your spiritual community, or to register for an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate the Divine Source through your sacred spiral dance. Harmonize your dance with Mother Earth’s cycles so that each movement becomes compatible with your heart and soul, so that you can offer your dance as a gift and creation of selfless beauty.